A Gameworld of Steampunk and Fantasy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A gameworld where steampunk and fantasy unite.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Old Server Blog

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Big Boss
Admin
Big Boss

Old Server Blog  Empty
PostSubject: Old Server Blog    Old Server Blog  I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 25, 2018 7:00 pm

July 24th Blog

Update Highlights

Server Forum Midland-Steampunk is created
Work on the project of the server World is underway

Welcome everyone!

First off if you don't what I'm doing here, this is web development blog for a steampunk game world project known as Midland!

Midland is a D&D, P&P project that started in late winter of 2017 and has sprung into an expansive sandbox-like world with the intent of a light storyline driven by a fantastic steampunk atmosphere.

Midland will be an Enhanced Edition version of Neverwinter Nights and will be a roleplaying Action server based around several fantastic inspirations.

The story so far:
The setting takes place in the following year of 1811 m.y* in the Country of Midland, a large continent within Acadias. Midland is a diverse landscape with many races, wild earthen animals and magical alike. All brought to the world by means of magical phenomenons known as the Myst: Large, sometimes dangerous, anomalies that dot the regions of Midland.

Description of Midland geography is best said as a lush vibrant world all segregated by vast mountains. In between are often small feudal like societies that is often divided and irrigated for farming, very similar to landscapes like English, french, or medieval German countryside's. In between these are large vast forests where many wild life exist.

Diversity of the realm exists in the form of races, much of the idea of hunting and gathering is often done in the form of expeditions and large forces or sometimes elite groups of people (IE Rangers, Hunters). The country is steeped in industry which makes harmony between the wild life and the expansive industrial nations difficult.

The era or specific timeline itself is considered to be one of Midlands progressive era's similar to that of a late age renaissance. An age of exploration,innovation, industry, technology, education, health and military achievements. It is a steampunk universe. Machines of wheels powered by steam as it clashes with the old ways of magic. As such the world will prepare the players for a world of machines and understanding the technology through the use of the Nwn D20 Modern skillsets and feats.

*M.Y= Midland Year

The plot so far:

The plot will take place in the Eastern portion of Midland in the country of Meles (Pronounced: Muh~Lees) where the player will get to decide on a starting location. Each starting location will be based on a difficulty setting, and a light story line before being released into the whole wide world.

The primary goal of Midland is the exploration and discovery of the country of midland and its past. In short it is an adventuring world, with an ending. There will be factions, guilds, and side quets to partake in and the idea is to want to shape and create your character around an established game world that moves ever forward, much the same way other worlds would.

Midland will host its own Deities, but many forgotten Realms deities will make their appearances in different iterations, shapes, or forms (IE: cults, aspects, visions, etc)

Midland will be primarily an exploration, role playing world. This means you'll gain experience from speaking to npc's, experience for exploring new areas, as well as DM experience for good behavior (IE: staying in character, etc).

Midland will be set in a steampunk themed universe with some adult content, this will mean it is 18+ as it will include violence, suggested dialogue, nudity and material not suitable for anyone under the age of 18

Last edited by Big Boss on Sat Sep 25, 2021 1:32 pm; edited 6 times in total
Back to top Go down
https://midland-steampunk.forumotion.com
Big Boss
Admin
Big Boss

Old Server Blog  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Old Server Blog    Old Server Blog  I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 04, 2018 7:45 pm

August 8, 2018

Primary Goal for the world:

Create an immersive rpg style gameworld with the following systems

[Done] NPC Reputation system

[Done] Revamped Core AI

[] Revamped Summons system

[Done] Random Loot Generator

[Done] Pre-Built Player Housing

[Done] Player Consequence & Action/ Bounty Hunter System

[Done] Player Banditry  System (Become a bandit!)

[Done] Portal or  teleport waypoint system

[Done] In-Game Guilds and Factions

Last edited by Big Boss on Tue Jun 01, 2021 6:32 pm; edited 11 times in total
Back to top Go down
Big Boss
Admin
Big Boss

Old Server Blog  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Old Server Blog    Old Server Blog  I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 10, 2018 1:21 pm

August 10, 2018

Boom!

Midland is an innovative world, these are just a few things you will see as you traverse. Cannons, Wheel-Lock Pistols, duel wielding pistols, rifles, Gatling guns, and magic guns will all be part of this growing expansive universe.
Old Server Blog  36224410
Old Server Blog  36188810

These weapons-of-war are the best of the best and are created right in Meles, the industrial capital of Midland
Old Server Blog  36223410

Military war isn't just the main focus here however, as Meles also has adopted the Western Empires "Iron Horses" or early Steam Engine Auto-mobiles. These are used as trollies around the city, or anywhere there is track.
Old Server Blog  34583710

Posters by Fable III
Old Server Blog  34782210
Old Server Blog  36955910

Last edited by Big Boss on Sat Feb 29, 2020 9:17 am; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
Big Boss
Admin
Big Boss

Old Server Blog  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Old Server Blog    Old Server Blog  I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 02, 2018 4:23 am

*Tick tick tick tick tick* This just end. Stop. Telegrams are now in. Stop. Use them for communicating. Stop.

Old Server Blog  Telegr12
Old Server Blog  Telegr10
Old Server Blog  Telegr11

Players will be able to communicate long distance across the land as the ingenuity of Gnomish crafting takes to new heights. Telegram Booths will be placed around the map for player's to send long distant communications for quests, and sending personalized messages to others.
Back to top Go down
Big Boss
Admin
Big Boss

Old Server Blog  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Old Server Blog    Old Server Blog  I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 17, 2018 3:54 pm

September 17, 2018

I got around to a large update on the server today, and now completed a big chunk of stuff even including a surprise update.

I am currently working on adding classes based on the d20 system for the game!

Old Server Blog  Classe10

These are currently working quite well and are even catered from its d20 modern origins to work with the vanilla classes. By far my favourite class is the Gunslinger with his ability to wield double pistols. The challenge here was figuring out how to still wield all the bioware content and still maintain the d20 animations that were crucial to the gunslinger and classes  Very Happy

Each class is designed as a rp element but also cater towards allowing player's to interact within the gameworld in different ways. A philosopher for example is a well literate individual who can produce scrolls than say a wizard or sorcerer can and so on. Some of these classes are more "down to earth" in that they don't have many fantastical abilities but do make up for this in other ways. (more on that to come later!)

Progress is coming along very well, and quickly! I'd expect to finish sometime either this year or following the new year shortly there after.

For now enjoy the new content update and expect to hear back from me soon!

Last edited by Big Boss on Fri Jul 26, 2019 6:52 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Big Boss
Admin
Big Boss

Old Server Blog  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Old Server Blog    Old Server Blog  I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 17, 2018 10:18 pm

Now for the surprise event... what did you think that was it? Rolling Eyes

The biggest reveal is the current new release of the Kings Road which spans the northern to eastern areas of Meles. This region is the largest populated region in Meles showcasing Midlands finest example of an industrious society, including the Iron Horse Services, which will take players across the Kings Road.

This speedy means of transportation is sponsored in part by the Merchants Alliance Guild, who fund the latest technology straight from the Western Empire. Player's will be able to use the shuttles as they purchase a ticket and sit comfortably as they rumble and shake across the highway to their destination.

All buses have a stop and a shuttle-stop guide where you can purchase tickets from. These individuals will also help you in case you miss your bus!
Old Server Blog  Bus_st10

Old Server Blog  Bus_mi10

When inside enjoy the coaches rumbles and listening to the coach driver of your stop
Old Server Blog  Bus_ri10

Old Server Blog  Bus_aw10
Back to top Go down
Big Boss
Admin
Big Boss

Old Server Blog  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Old Server Blog    Old Server Blog  I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 18, 2018 7:39 pm

September 18, 2018

A new feature update.

Ever wonder why in some rpgs there were no baths or reasons to "stay clean"? no? me neither! but now we can.

Meles is a region presented with the idea of cleanliness and relaxation. Local bath houses are constructed to cater to the local people with bathmaids who, for a fee, will cleanse your body and clothes. They can be found in any area where a major road is constructed such as the Imperial road or the Kings Road. Simply look for the bath houses design with high fences.

Just remember even bathmaids need sleep so they will only be there to assist you during daylight hours.
Old Server Blog  Bath_h10
Back to top Go down
Big Boss
Admin
Big Boss

Old Server Blog  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Old Server Blog    Old Server Blog  I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 13, 2018 4:04 pm

October 13, 2018

Midlands npc reputation system at a glance

What is it? The npc reputation is based on a set of scripted code based off of the PRR system to which, changes according to the player's decision's. This effects the npc in many ways from revealing quests, to secrets and revealing rumors or even the npcs overall "mood" to the player.

Approaching npc's for the first time will reveal a choice dialogue (the one below is of an early build of the idea in action)

Old Server Blog  Rom_rs10

choosing either a positive or negative dialogue effects the npcs mood to the player. A display on the right screen will appear in yellow text, this is the important part of the system! This tells you your overall reputation with that npc, and effects most npcs who are of the same group as well

Old Server Blog  Rom_rs11

Although picking negative dialogue will have, of course, negative side effects to your reputation you can, sometimes, achieve quicker results through some npc's when gathering information.

The system is dynamic which means the npcs reputation maintains itself through server resets and so on.

So there you have it! The system is still in progress, but is largely finished. Currently not all npcs will have the reputation system, but still has effects in the world in general giving the npcs a personality that is unique to them.

The biggest pay-off of the system is learning new secrets or lore to quest related npc's and so on. the system is definitely easy to change and will be used in portions of the more common folk npcs around the realm.

Old Server Blog  Rom_v110

Last edited by Big Boss on Fri Jul 26, 2019 7:03 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Big Boss
Admin
Big Boss

Old Server Blog  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Old Server Blog    Old Server Blog  I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 15, 2018 2:34 am

November 14 2018

The Quill is mightier than the Sword Update Edition

I want to start focusing on the more roleplaying aspects of the game. Personally i feel the biggest thing any world should have is lore and how the player interacts with lore in general. This can go in any direction, but what i want to focus on is engagement or physical lore that is tangible or real in some aspects. When players begin their journey of discovering the history of the world, they will undoubtedly come across many books!

Books are a rather small but necessary tool of my world building structure. Each capable of experiencing the world history but also to elude to its danger's.

Old Server Blog  Book_210

Everyone can choose to learn of dangers around them from hostile creatures and how to best handle them, to natural or artificial sites

Old Server Blog  Book_110

How players choose to perceive is dangerous, or is helpful, is also entirely up to them. Meles is considered as a wild frontier country, and with this comes any opportunities for open expansion for lore!

In total there are 35 books as of this writing and more are being written by yours truly!

Anyways, thats it for updates today so expect to find more in the coming month or so

Last edited by Big Boss on Sat Apr 27, 2019 3:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Big Boss
Admin
Big Boss

Old Server Blog  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Old Server Blog    Old Server Blog  I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 24, 2018 4:06 pm

November 24, 2018

Hello everyone! Today i wanted to show something i was working on while I have been busy from real life. I put a temporary plug on the main project due to some events that required my attention in life.

What we are looking at is an early W.i.P of the Westral Lands Project. This will be included as an expansion to the world, after the day 1 opening.

The region will center around the Town of crawsburg, the third largest settlement in the region, which holds a fort stabilized by a town Free Militia. The town itself is ran independently and freely, and has strong ties in trade and commerce in the area.

It independence through trade is only possible by mitigating power of foreign nations, as well as the region being considred a "neutral zone" between the East and West even including its own government based on codes of conduct. The Westral Lands will be a harsh wild landscape versus the region of Meles colder climate and its ties to industrial civilization, The Westral Lands will represent a more rugged and natural approach.

Player's will arrive via "iron Horse" and can travel between Meles and the Westral Lands at any time.
Old Server Blog  Crawsb13

The Westral Lands is a large grassland territory owned by independent tribes, centaur clans, and Magical Creatures alike, it will compose mainly of entire regions devoid of any civilization using Crawsburg as the primary hub.
Old Server Blog  Crawsb10

Old Server Blog  Crawsb11

The primary focus of the expansion is to allow more story writing and opening possibilities for new campaigns for neverwinter nights. Once completed the region will have a main story line but will maintain a more open approach to the idea. It will be much similar to Meles in design but will be much less colder and alot less darker.
Old Server Blog  Crawsb12

Focus on the main project at hand, all that is left to do is to design the remaining areas of the Eastern Coast of Meles, fleshing out the Guildes and maintaining the present story line until completion.
Back to top Go down
Big Boss
Admin
Big Boss

Old Server Blog  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Old Server Blog    Old Server Blog  I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 15, 2019 2:13 pm

Just a small update today!

A new addition to the background noise family: Cicadas! Those loud annoying lil buggers can now fill your ears with their ever so familiar singing as you walk around the crisp warm Westral Land’s with an extra large bug swatter

Back to top Go down
Big Boss
Admin
Big Boss

Old Server Blog  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Old Server Blog    Old Server Blog  I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 22, 2019 11:55 pm

February 22, 2019

So since the community has started to take notice of my project, I will be posting a "ask at will" page on the website for anyone wanting to ask any questions about the project. Upfront this in no way should reflect questions regarding the public release piece's of the project as that will be covered on the vault when it is time.

Until then I will be posting some content updates very soon regarding in game mechanics and how to use them.
Back to top Go down
Big Boss
Admin
Big Boss

Old Server Blog  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Old Server Blog    Old Server Blog  I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2019 7:46 pm

Content Update 4 - FINAL

After a long time, or nearly 4 weeks and some change, ive gone through several changes and failed models to conclude the final list below.

These are the final results, for the time being, as those prior to these models came with all sorts of performance issues. Ive learned alot from model making and I'm happy with the way these turned out.

In the future there can be more Car content updates, but for now these will be just for on-launch day of the server  bounce  Very Happy

Vehicles will be based on a skillset system, your drive skill. The higher it is the more likely you are to maneuver and not crash the vehicle or cause breakdowns.

Eventually i'd like to see if i can create a chassis model for car production, or a repair system but other than that Fuel and inner component systems will be non-existent!

From Left:  Taxi, Truck, car, Tank
Old Server Blog  Drive_10

Each car I refer to as a Unit, much like a Real-Time Strategy game these "units" come with their own uses that players can utilize to their own needs. Each automobile does not require any fuel, but does utilize your skillset.

They are based on the d20 modern driving system. This means each unit can operate via a player, and can have a passenger capacity related to that unit type (EX: Cars can carry a driver, and 2 passengers, Trucks a driver and 6 passengers) which requires the player tool wand, to operate.

Old Server Blog  Tank_d10

Players who operate a vehicle will receive a manual. The manual is important as it tells the vehicle where to go, and what to do. I find this an interesting and fun idea, as it leaves the player to freely engage in role play while not having to handle the vehicle manually.
Old Server Blog  Dmanue10

Vehicle operations are based on a set of your skills and how hard it is to operate them. Some vehicles, like tanks, or trucks, are difficult to use but are exceptionally strong while cars are easy to wreck but are faster to drive.

Old Server Blog  Tank_d11

Taxis will, hopefully if it works out, will be used for easy transportation around the big city-scape just call out to one and they will operate to your needs.
Old Server Blog  Taxi_210

Last edited by Big Boss on Fri Mar 29, 2019 12:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Big Boss
Admin
Big Boss

Old Server Blog  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Old Server Blog    Old Server Blog  I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 14, 2019 9:00 pm

Let's talk about the game mechanics for a sec. This going to be a relatively short update, but one that is essential to know before jumping into the game and getting started.

Every player will be issued a Player Tool Wand, much like how the Player Tools work in the 1.69 release these activate the player PC Menu.

All Players will receive the wand as a feat.
Old Server Blog  Tech_110

For anyone unfamiliar with a player wand listen up, these will replace all craft skills and player appearances. You can access the wand via your radial menu at any time.
Old Server Blog  Tech_210

Although in this early Beta build it states the Wand is a Rest Menu The PC Menu is not designed as a Rest menu. You can choose to rest for the benefit of resting but it is far easier to simply press "r" or whatever it is binded to.

The reason for this choice is due to the d20 Vehicle, jumping, and emote systems put in place (more on those later)

Old Server Blog  Tech_310

The main purpose is to create a better interface for the game as some regions will either require you to use some sort of long distance activating use your Player Tool Wand (hence its name, think of it as like a Omni-Tool. Everything you can do will come through this Wand)

Last edited by Big Boss on Wed May 08, 2019 7:58 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Big Boss
Admin
Big Boss

Old Server Blog  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Old Server Blog    Old Server Blog  I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 15, 2019 9:53 pm

Well working on Orchadia was fun, but now I've decided to move onto another (Orchadia is going to be part of an expansion later on, so i don't want to spend alot of time on it just ideas)

I'm currently working on developing a more suitable high-end steampunk city, inspired by the victorian era. It will be my driving initiative for creativity for the next week or so as I begin work on the Rosgardian Empire. Here below I have very early progress of what I'm currently doing

Old Server Blog  Old_ti10

Theres alot of work ahead on this since this modern city tileset uses... alot of modern assets (air conditioners, neon lights, etc) I'm looking to take the tileset and work it backwards so it fits better with a theme. Hopefully if it all works out, i'll have something substantial to show next time.

Content Update 1

I got around to retexturing alot of the city-scape, and did alot of work on adding new buildings to the mix.
Eventually I'd like to replace nearly 90% of the build, but we will see!

Old Server Blog  Upd110
Old Server Blog  Upd210

Ive also added one Victorian building for the time being, i may change the textures involved to better fit the environment, but there will be more to come.

Old Server Blog  Victor10

Got around to adding new types of homesteads, one with a mansford style roofing. The far right will have a whole new set that will replace the tallest buildings.

Old Server Blog  Fancy10

Close-up of the Neo-Imperial design
Old Server Blog  Goldy10

Content Update 2

Street cars are in! These are moveable objects, and was unable to procure a decent Creature Model that worked best for me.

Anyways! I got enough of the content up and going that I've decided to begin work on the city. The city will be the Capital of Rossgarde, and the center-piece for the steampunk aspect of this universe. This will likely end up as a late-game area, but that can always change if need be.

Old Server Blog  Victor13
Old Server Blog  Victor11
Old Server Blog  Victor12

Content Update 3

I believe this to be the final version of the city. I've added a couple of Zwerkules Medieval Buildings in for a European Flavor. If anything else comes up I will be posting it here.

Old Server Blog  City_110
The Main Streetways of the city are filled with the automobiles of the everyman. Everything from personal street cars to Commercial Wagons and Buses make their way across the busy city.
Old Server Blog  City_210

Some finalization and touchups. Ive been adding and playing around with the actual city-scape and added some Buntings around the city square.
Old Server Blog  City_211
addition of uphill objects for streets.
Old Server Blog  City_212
And some  Street Bar,Tavern, Shops with glass mosaics
Old Server Blog  City_213
Back to top Go down
Big Boss
Admin
Big Boss

Old Server Blog  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Old Server Blog    Old Server Blog  I_icon_minitimeTue May 21, 2019 2:11 am

May 21

Okay so some changes are coming in. I've decided that most of the work i've done from the begining although very good, still lacked something that I liked so i decided to change them up abit.

The trains will receive some newer wagons, 2 new ones in fact. Something that feels more appropriate to the world than what I had before.

Based on early carriage train designs these will be a sort of "backwards" version that won't look as modern or victorian than what I had before.

Old Server Blog  Unname12

Old Server Blog  Unname11

A reason for why I'm doing it is I want to keep it as close to my image of Steampunk as possible. Meles is represented as a society that still appears more Renaissance in Earth Culture than it would be victorian or any other kind of steampunk universe. something close to a Clockwork steampunk and will heavily reflect this as i move forward.

The next upgrades one will be one of the train's, and a couple new additions like a charcoal wagon, and a water tower (something that I had planned on wanting to add, just never got around to it)

I'd say after this I should be done with custom content and re-focus on the storyline and questlines. I sort of drited away from it, having some fun exploring new avenues for NeverWinter and now that I have done so will be finishing off the rest of the world. Who knows! if i get can get the Ranger and Noble Classes to work again, and the questlines I can switch it over to being public!

Content Update 1

Alright, I didn't get very far on this one, but I managed to get what I wanted out of this which was a water tower and some new-ish looking Train Assets (see pictures above).

I ended up removing one of the engines since it was causing far too much lag for me to be agreeable with it, but I still at least have one that still works!

Since this is over I'm going to be focusing on questlines and work on the Banditry System, this is something I'm excited to work on because I've got all sorts of ideas to share and will be doing that over the course of the week
Back to top Go down
Big Boss
Admin
Big Boss

Old Server Blog  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Old Server Blog    Old Server Blog  I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 15, 2019 8:18 pm

June 15

Content Update 1

Okay this will just be a simple verbal update. When something substantial comes along you know ill be sharing it!

I've been at work on the banditary system, it is going very well. When this system goes up it will be an alternative for bards, rogues, rangers, & druids to join. For the moment I am working to add additional A.I behavior for npc's so they react accordingly to situations the Player will do.

The following behaviors will be in play once finished:

Snooping triggers - guards will be more alert to players when they enter places they are not suppose to be.

NPC Alarms - NPC's will be more aware when players engage in criminal based activities (IE: opening guarded chests, doors, windows) and call out the guards.

Jail Time - It is exactly what it sounds like. If players get caught and are sentenced, they are put in jail to do their time. Jail time will result in loss of experience, much like if you died and respawned. depending on the situation, loss of items (and recovery) can occur. Jail breaks will also be a part of system.

Bounty Marks - This system may not go into play only due to how Neverwinters A.I system works it may become obtrusive to Players who choose to be vile, evil or murderous intentionally. If players get caught  doing any sort of uncivil deed will receive a irremovable bounty slip.

These slips are marked to signal Town Guards to harass these players. If players exceed a set of marked slips they are either flagged as "shoot on sight", or arrest on sight". Players with only a few slips will have options to persuade, bluff, or bribe there way out of a situation.

Mercenary NPCs- This is a w.i.p and may not come into play, but would very much would like for it to! The idea here is when a Player chooses to act vile, evil or murderous you risk getting a bounty placed on your character. NPC mercenaries are those who hunt players down for the retrieval of your bounty.

New Optional Dialogues - Im entirely unsure the scope of this since this can go all sorts of directions, but the idea is mostly targeted for those who join Rogue/Assassin Class Guilds. You'll have the option of becoming an Outlaw, hold up commoners, rob stores, and commit heists toward other npcs
Back to top Go down
Big Boss
Admin
Big Boss

Old Server Blog  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Old Server Blog    Old Server Blog  I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 16, 2019 8:29 pm

Update

Okay I had abit of a scare just now. For some reason the website was found deactivated for some unknown reason, luckily the web forum technicians helped reactivate the account today.

The next few weeks im going to take a pause on adding new updates on the forum, until i can securely move the content on here off of it and onto other blogs that I post on. I can't afford to lose all my hard work when some random technician thinks the forum is dead when it really isn't.
Back to top Go down
Big Boss
Admin
Big Boss

Old Server Blog  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Old Server Blog    Old Server Blog  I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 01, 2019 10:24 pm

July 1st

Okay everything seems to be in working order for the forum, so ill be posting normally again! I'm going to start by doing a content update for the Banditry System.

Content Update 2

In order for me to get the right type of system I want, I had to rethink npc's. I've decided to use a pieces of Carcerians Scheduled A.I system and Tseremand (sorry if i mispelled this) A.I, which allows npc's to have scheduled work hours and ways for them to interact with the Players actions.

Npcs will come and go according to set patterns in their work schedules. This means they have there own scheduled acivities and it is, at times, essential to know.

An example: Merchants, Quest givers, and Guards will maintain daily routes that they will either patrol, travel to, or interact with during specific hours.

The primary purpose of this is to add immersion, or "life" to an otherwise pattern-less A.I. Logically a merchant would be tired of selling during certain hours, or a quest giver could arrive at specific hours to grant players there rewards (EX: by hearsay Players will have heard of George the Hobo who gives a quest, but can only be found in specif places at specific times). Soe npcs will also be more interactive with the environment the player chooses to create.

Example: Player finds a useless item and drops it on the ground, Sammie investigates and picks up the item for themselves or places it in a local chest.

One of the biggest changes is giving the commoners some personality. When attempting to speak to npcs while on their "off-hours" you may find they can be be disgruntled or annoyed by the behavior. often times choosing the right time to speak to a commoner will reflect their perception of you.

An example of a Remani Merchant who utilizes her time wisely. Business for a traveling merchant can be bit slow at times, and gives this person alot of time on her hands collecting or buying items she can sell for later.
Old Server Blog  Schedu10
Old Server Blog  Schedu11

Content Update 3

The Criminal System

This is a work in progress, but i'll get to that part when I can! the basic idea here is to introduce a criminal report behavior for players and guards. It's self-explanatory: You break a law and get caught, you get a fine or sent to jail. For now it works as is, which covers zones that are considered off limits to players. If you decide to invade these zones you must be careful when opening doors, or chests, or alerting the guard and give you away! Remember it's not breaking the law if no one see you do it pirat

When opening doors, or chests inside off limit zones, players must pay close attention to nearby Gaurds or risk being alerted.
Old Server Blog  Caught11
Old Server Blog  Caught10

If a Guard is alerted the player must choose to either pay, a fine or go to jail. Choosing to pay a fine will result in a higher fine, and a report, the next time the Player is caught.

Old Server Blog  Caught13

Players who are sent to jail are immediately remedied of having to pay but must pay there due sentence. You can choose to pay your sentence quickly with an xp penalty, or wait until your release.
Old Server Blog  Caught12

The work in progress of this is to try and improve the system. Perhaps an elevated criminal record will land you in a higher security prison, or include a bounty. When murdering or being downright evil, Players will not have any consequences but that is certain to change. Players who want to be evil shall be punished but only do so in fairness. This may not play out so well for everyone as some players believe in being overpowering or god-like, which my response to this is simply: you wish to play god? Do so at your own risk. The reward for being powerful isnt suppose to be easy! Twisted Evil

Other than that everything is starting to fall into place, and i'm glad to be sharing these updates again! Be sure to keep an eye out for more!
Back to top Go down
Big Boss
Admin
Big Boss

Old Server Blog  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Old Server Blog    Old Server Blog  I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 16, 2019 6:29 am

Okay trying to push out an update this week, but I ran into some problems with my computer where it keeps crashing and it corrupted pieces of the modules and haks so.... I'll have a slight delay until next week.

Not that I normally announce these sort of things, but the update was going to be part of the Banditary System. I planned on wrapping it up by creating new dialogue for the npc's: adding thieves guild quests and a few npc's that would walk in certain areas/times of the day as merchants/commoners where Players could hold them up. Generally it was in all working order until i started getting crashes on the computer  Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Big Boss
Admin
Big Boss

Old Server Blog  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Old Server Blog    Old Server Blog  I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 15, 2019 10:21 pm

September 15, 2019

I've been re thinking some of my ideas and plans about the world and progress and completion of the server. Im going to be doing some changes or rollbacks toward ideas ive had in place in order to maintain an easier work load on myself and to ensure that I can actually push out a completed server, rather than sit on my chair and ponder on what to tackle next.

The Banditary System is still ongoing and there are some updates in regards to this section, but its taken me some time to figure it all out and how I was going to do this part. theres so many ideas to take this into, But just so i can actually push something out I will be keeping it simple.

The general ideas still stand, but the following will be cut from that project:
Snoop Triggers, Bounty Marks, Mercenary NPCS (IE player headhunters) buty the rest will stay in and is curretly already working!

I'll be redoing some more 3d models and reconfigure some of the sections of the world in order to create this new idea i have in mind. basically the idea is that I like to go for a colonial/frontier world and moving forward that is going to reflect this. If any more updates come in I'll be sure to share it, but that is one of the reasons why I havent been posting updates lately.
Back to top Go down
Big Boss
Admin
Big Boss

Old Server Blog  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Old Server Blog    Old Server Blog  I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 24, 2019 9:47 am

October 24, 2019

okay ive made an update for the banditary system, and this is how it works so far....

All players who wish to choose this route Must First join with the rogues guild, this system does not work without it and that is so it encourages role playing. As much fun as it is to simply go around and rob npc's blind, there has to be a reason behind it. When you're running around as a member of the thieves guild you have created a reputation among the locals for what you do.

The system so far is pretty simple, walking up to a npc will allow you to engage in a new option dialogue
: Intimidation.

Old Server Blog  Sticku11

Now this isn't you're regular skill check intimidation, (although it could be!) but what it does is opens the new entry dialogue. From here you can choose to go to a few options, but in this demonstration we're going to commit to robbing.
Old Server Blog  Sticku12

Robbing the npcs will give you, based on a d20 dice role, a sum of gold and a very unhappy npc. Choosing this option does mean you won't be able to speak to this npc again, so unless you have a quest or business with them it is sometimes a good idea to consider how useful a npc could be to you.

In the future i want to work on creating a more reactionary system between npcs and guards, but for now this is what it is for the time being Very Happy

Old Server Blog  Sticku10

Back to top Go down
Big Boss
Admin
Big Boss

Old Server Blog  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Old Server Blog    Old Server Blog  I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 13, 2019 11:37 pm

November 13, 2019

Socketed Items and how they work

This update will cover the Socketed system, what it is and how it works.

What is the Socketed System?
Originaly it was developed by Diablo fans several years back in the Neverwinter Community for those who wanted to share and create a similar system. The idea is to insert magical gems that enhance gear, items, weapons into more powerful weapons, gear, items.

How does it work?
Midlands Socketed system is based on loot gear and a shop system. When a player loots a chest they will be given a chance to find socketed items found as Green colorized items, gear, weapons. Playesr can then travel to a Crystomancy Office

Cystomancy is a form of skill only developed by specialized guilds. These guild members are often found in large cities such as Meles City

Old Server Blog  Socket10

Players can purchase gems at a premium price to select a type of gem they wish to socket into there item,weapon,gear of choice. the reason behind this system is to reward players with exploration as well as a few bugs that led to this being the final form.

Old Server Blog  Socket11
Back to top Go down
Big Boss
Admin
Big Boss

Old Server Blog  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Old Server Blog    Old Server Blog  I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 12, 2019 2:51 pm

December 12, 2019

working on redoing content and making additional rpg elements. What's happening here is im beginning to make the finalization's of the server; the parts that really make this into an rpg! these are the fun parts of the game, the hard slog of building is finished *phew!*  cheers

Edenberg received a much needed update, adding on a few houses to make it feel bigger as well as redoing the castle into a proper keep. but whats key here is the addition of the new blacksmith in town.

Old Server Blog  211

Yoana is the town blacksmith, often making items for the peasantry, although has Recently has taken up the hammer in assisting adventurers.

For the right price player's can improve their gear, weapons, and armor. This is a new key feature to the game as it is a progress system! For the longest time the server relied on random generated loot as its core progression, this starts the end of that (to a degree of course!).

Gear will most likely include armor, clothes, boots, belts, gloves, weapons, ammunition. You can still pick up gear by looting, but what's likely to change is the danger involved in getting that loot.

What will likely happen as this is finished is Yoana will likely be a quest marker ("fetch my hammer, and i'll make you great weapons and armor!")

Old Server Blog  3b10
Old Server Blog  3c10
Old Server Blog  311

The Local Tavern received its first update as well. A more drab, but still decent looking establishment where the townsfolk come to have drinks, a bite to eat, talk, or even play some games. Hired mercenaries and adventurers will make their way into this area as well as traveling troubadours, bards, and walks of all life.

Old Server Blog  411
Back to top Go down
Big Boss
Admin
Big Boss

Old Server Blog  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Old Server Blog    Old Server Blog  I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 21, 2020 12:09 pm

February 21, 2020

New Race Update

I got around to upload one of my big polishing updates. I'll be introducing a new race that will replace the existing Half-Orcs: Burgarian's

Old Server Blog  Bergar10

Bérger, Pronounced Bearg~er, are heathen folk of the woods, who's ancestor's are believed to be of Half-Giant and Human pairings. Many hail from the country of Burgaria, a loose connection of clans who pay fealty to warlords, but are best  known to associate as free-people, and raider's. Many Bérger are short-tempered and sullen. They would rather act than ponder and would rather fight than argue. They are taller than average humans, and regard scars as tokens of pride and things of beauty.

They live much longer lifespans than humans, up to 200 year's in age, but never often live past 50 due to high risk of danger's, diseases, and constant strife and civil-war among the clan's.

These will be selectable upon start of a new character and have the same stats similar to half orcs with a few exceptions in feat abilities

- Fearless: Bérger are fearless people, known for their unrelenting initiative aginst greater odds.
- Fire resistance of 5
- Cold resistance of 5
- Acid resistance of 5
- Darkvision: Bérger are able to see in the dark.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Old Server Blog  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Old Server Blog    Old Server Blog  I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Old Server Blog
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
A Gameworld of Steampunk and Fantasy :: Server Information-
Jump to: